Since its existence on the surface of the earth, man has known the method of treatment of herbs and natural plants by instinct and self-testing. All diseases and pains were treated with herbs. Despite the technological and scientific progress of the medical pharmaceutical industry which has the most effective and rapid effect in many diseases, it is a side effect. These drugs led to increased bacterial resistance to them as strains emerged with high resistance and this and other reason increased interest in the use of medicinal plants as a suitable alternative to these treatments.
Capacitance is an evergreen, bluish-green plant with leafy branches, thick leaves with forklifts, large flowers and a fruit-like heart shaped like pimples on a long neck. The leaves and flowers vary from one species to another, ) And a number known Shaflh several names at the level of the Arab world, including senior, and Qabar, and class, cotton, pepper mountain, and others. Shaflh is a perennial plant that is characterized by large branches, shrub and evergreen, and has beautiful white flowers turn red in the afternoon. It is also used in all medicinal parts, including the roots in therapeutic uses, especially the flower buds and the fruiting fruits that resemble pimples, Much smaller than its size.
There have been many recent studies showing the effectiveness of Shafallah plant as:
- Anti-inflammatory and highly efficient in fever resistance,It has also been scientifically proven that flower buds are soft and relieve stomach aches.
- The root bark disinfects and stops the internal bleeding.
- It is used to treat skin conditions.
- Reduces blood sugar
- As a gargle for teeth and sore throat,
- It has great ability to kill microorganisms (bacteria and fungus), treat bacteria such as Candida, Bicans, Salmonella, Colai, making it effective in treating infections.
- Treatment of atherosclerosis.
- Treatment of allergy and runny nose.
- Known for its effectiveness in relieving stomach pain.
- Shafallah enters the manufacture of some cosmetics
- Shafallah treats ear infections and hearing diseases, mixed with olive oil to prepare a drop of the ear.
- Shafallah herb is used as a medicine for treating gout and rheumatism.
- Shale flowers are used as disinfectants for urinary tract and kidneys.
- Shrimp is used to expel gases from the abdomen.
- Shafallah is best known for its use as an effective aphrodisiac.
- Shampoos are used to treat eye infections.
- It is used to treat shingles to treat tumors, bruises and pain relief.
- An analgesic for severe headache, used as headdress.
- Fresh fruits were used to treat scurvy, and the fruit was used to treat women’s sweat.
Active substances of Shafla plant:
Shafallah contains glucosides such as rutin, marionase, citric acid and capic acid, quaternary alkaloids such as stacadrine, and a group of sugars and volatile oils that smell like garlic because they contain large amounts of soap, salts, sterols, organic acids and fatty acids.
This tree is a shelter for many snakes for its density, so be careful before cutting the fruit to make sure there is no snake inside it by throwing a room or moving it with a stick.
There is no scientific evidence of any side effects or effects of shingles, but it is recommended to consult a doctor when using diabetic patients.
- سالم، مختار, ١٩٨٧ ) أعشاب لكنها دواء)، دار المريخ للنشر، الرياض.
- مجيد، سامي هاشم ومحمود، مهند جميل ١٩٨٨ ). النباتات والأعشاب العراقية بين الطب الشعبي والبحث العلمي.( مطابع دار النورة، جامعة بغداد، العراق.
- النعيمي، رشا جمال الدين مصطفى، ٢٠٠٩ ) تأثير المستخلص المائي لنبات الشفّلح Capparis spinosa في التغيرات المرضية لأكباد الجرذان البيض المستحدث تجريبيًا بعقار الباراسيتامول. رسالة ماجستير، كلية العلوم، جامعة الموصل.
- Hussein, F.T.K. (1985). “Medicinal plants in Libya”, Arab encyclopedia house.
- Fici, S. (2002). “Intraspeicfic Variation and evolutionary trends incapparis spinosa L.(Capparaceae)” plant systemat. Evol., 228(3-4):123-141.